Thursday, February 15, 2007

Why I'm Sometimes Late To Work

It's all of them really - they seem to take turns - but just lately it's been Angel. I'm in the bathroom, intent on putting on mascara or whatever, when somebody joggles my arm (thankfully the left arm, me being right handed, and all). And it's Angel! And he's half on the toilet lid, half on the vanity, and he joggles me again and again. And then, of course, there's nothing to do but pick him up, and he melts in my arms and purrs... And purrs. And purrs. And no amount of sweet talk or petting seems to bore him! I keep thinking, any minute now he'll start to squirm and wiggle down, but nope, it doesn't happen. What's a poor besotted human to do??

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Cats is good. I like cats. Meowz n' stuff.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Boy, has that Angel got you trained!

I love how you love them.

2:23 AM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Be sotted, of course. Bandicoot, who is black and white has the charmingest way of reaching out a farewell paw just as I'm leaving, and always preferably when I'm wearing something that shows off his white hairs quite nicely. And work-inappropriately.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home