Saturday, June 30, 2007

Go Figure

It's about the crunchies: Whenever I vacuum the kitchen, I stack up their many bowls on top of the big tupperware crunchie storage thing. It never fails that as soon as the vacuum is turned off, someone shows up to sit pointedly in the middle of the floor, looking concerned. When the bowls go back into place, that cat or "kitten" may or may not crunch down a bead or two... The other day when I didn't get reminded and didn't put the bowls back immediately, shortly thereafter I found little Cloud on her tippy toes, eating out of the top of the stack and looking quite pitiful. When I quickly put that bowl down in front of her, she wandered off... And there's always someone sitting sadly beside a half empty (or quarter empty) bowl - often with full bowls all around - waiting for a top off - which is then pretty much ignored..... So, here's the pattern: when the bowls are really not empty, there's all this faux anxiety and manipulation of their human. This morning, when said human slept in late and got up to really almost empty bowls, they're all like Blase, blase. I've been up an hour at least, and they're all doing all kinds of stuff, but nobody seems to have noticed the crunchies levels enough to bother to nag me......

3 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

I waited and waited and finally, just before having to leave the house, I filled their bowls, and only Cyrrie and AreToo came running...

11:16 AM  
Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Do you suppose the heat of summer has affected their appetites? Probably not - they're just enjoying this manipulation dance!

2:19 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

They like to keep me guessing! I think they plot stuff like this when I'm not around...

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home