Friday, June 22, 2007

Our Morning

Human here: Early this morning (8:00ish) I left for a doctor appointment only to meet Brandon - who cuts my grass - there to trim my hedges... I can't find your outdoor socket, says Brandon. (That would be because I don't have one.) Ok, Brandon - We can run the power cord out through the front door, but you have to be very careful about the cats! No problem, says Brandon, who - it turns out - has 12 dogs, 2 cats and a parrot... So the human goes off to her appt with a strange mixture of trust and concern. An hour and a half later - closer to work than to home - the human gives in to the need to go home and count... Brandon is gone, the bushes are neatly (if boringly) trimmed, and the human goes inside: No cats. Zero. Zip. Nothin'.... And then, as she stands in the utterly empty living room, a little face appears from behind the door to the attic. Pretty soon there is Buddy, Angel, AreToo, Cloud, and Cyrrie... Good enough, human thinks, since the senior babes are the least likely to have gone for a stroll without permission. (And when the human got home from work, there they were. Of course.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

LOL! Lizzy, Lizzy, Lizzy! You crack me up! I love your little vignettes about your home life with cats. "Senior babes." indeed!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home