Thursday, December 20, 2007

Morning Heart-Stoppingly Irresistible Sweetness

As he frequently does, Aretoo walks me to the door today to say good-bye. By which I mean he typically bounds to the couch, sits on the back nearest the door to the vestibule, and talks. And I talk back: Good-bye Sweetheart, pet, pet, kiss, kiss... And then, of course, I give the more general speech, Everybody, Be good, be sweet, and Mom will be back.... This morning, however, AreToo talks, and sings, and yawns most musically, and then sings and talks some more. It is so spectacular that Cyrrie comes running in, jumps on the couch and goes nose to nose with AreToo, like me trying to fathom all that wonderful noise..... Totally mystified, I say, Good-bye Sweetheart, pet, pet, kiss, kiss, and the Rest-of-You, Be good, be sweet...... Etc. It's stuff like this that makes it so hard to leave the house.......

1 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

How I wish there were a podcast of a singing AreToo! I just had to evict a very large Lump off my keyboard, he kept trying to lick my fingers as I typed. Must be channelling Cyrrie.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home