Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's Almost Leap Year

I.
Cloud, yesterday: I picked her up to wash her little eyes, which she hates. Her revenge consisted of wrapping herself so tightly around my left arm - cutting off circulation at the very least - then nibbling/gnawing the fingers of my right hand... Since this was clearly her way of showing affection, there was no way I could escape her attentions. I wound up sitting in a hunched and painful position, while she clung and gnawed and purred. Angel came to my rescue! Just by coming into the room: his presence opened her eyes, turned the purrs to chirps, and precipitated her departure, leaving me with mixed feelings.
II.
Angel, this morning: Angel went crazy on me this morning, wildly kneading me through the blankets, so much so that I had to squirm to protect things like jugular veins and eyes... It went on and on, but, since it was clearly his way of showing affection, I couldn't risk hurting his feelings by resisting in a more obvious way. Then the alarm went off! And I inadvertently jostled him reaching for the snooze button! Angel departed, I waited for the next round of alarm, and when I finally sat up I realized what had been going on: Angel loves the new fleecy blankie, and during the night it had somehow shifted to the top. Angel was kneading his favorite blankie! Perhaps his human being inside was only incidental.
III.
AreToo, later in the morning: I was trying to get ready for work when AreToo joined me in the bathroom, sitting on the little footstool I've placed by the bathtub to help Petunnia- senior water-spiller - in and out. He looked so cute that I picked him up and toted him to a chair, where we sat together for a long time - me just holding him - hardly petting at all - and him just resting against me and purring. And purring. Etc.

3 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

You do realize, don't you, that you set the Gold Standard for the Care and Feeding of Kittehs? I have forbidden mine from reading your posts. They'd be hitchhiking to your Casa de Los Gatos in two shakes of a cat's tail, if they knew.

12:53 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

PS: I love when they just lie upon (or against) one and purr contentedly. There is nothing so calming as a cat's contentment.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Talk about lol! As if your little sweeties could be anything less than the most spoiled evah!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home