Friday, August 29, 2008

Hi, Y'all

It's a nice evening - for the first time in forever we've got a window open - cats and "kittens " are lined up to enjoy, and I took a cute picture of 2 little boy butts, but then the batteries died, so manana for that... Early this morning I took a pic of Lucy - PoliticalCat - your warning cracked me up, but also made sense - without an atom of malice in her whole being, she could still wreak real damage on her naive/clueless human - we will be careful! Are you still bedridden? Everytime I cursingly/gratefully limp up or down stairs, I think of you and wish you all manner of hopeful and healing energies! Oh, this is funny! Angel is monopolizing the windowsill, but Cyrrie is trying hard to insinuate himself in. Good luck, Cyrrie! 3 day weekend! And then the maelstrom! On many fronts... As I drove home today I was remembering the beginnings of this blog - Cloud and Cyrano have been part of this family for 4 years, now. Amazing. And now I'm watching AreToo, sniffing stuff on the dresser and being even more jewel-eyed than usual....

4 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

It's finally cooled off a little here, and the pain meds are working really well (but VERY strong). We might have surgery after the elections - no, make that "we WILL have surgery after the elections," and hopefully it's goodbye gimpitude after that. We did OK yesterday, but today's a bit of a setback. Pain comes and goes. Some days are bad, some are OK. Gosh, so the "kittens" are four! That means the kittens must be two! How time flies!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

PC - I'm sorry you've been in such pain. I sincerely hope the surgery does the trick for you!

Lizzy - Sounds like you've been trying to survive work challenges, while PC deals with pain. I hope the Labor Day weekend gives you a chance to rest and recoup before going back to work on Tuesday.

You two have been the mainstays of my sanity in the past few weeks. Everything worked out beautifully, but the stress was ever present. I love Lizzy's soulful posts about her babes and PC cracks me up with her creative comments.

Take care both of you - rest and relax over the weekend.

Smooches for all your darlings.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Hi to both of you! Sandy, I'm glad you got through your time of stress to such a wonderful conclusion! PoliticalCat, I'm so looking forward to your getting past the pain and disability... I'm sitting at the dining room table with Angel - whoops, thud! he just jumped down - with Cloud in the window and Cyrrie and Buddy in the living room where I can see them.... And here comes Ms Lucy - sharpening her claws on the chair I'm sitting on, so of course I move over to allow her passage to the table.....

11:07 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Thank you so much, dear friends, for all your good wishes and kind thoughts. A very happy weekend to you both. Ah, labour day!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home