Friday, January 02, 2009

Sleep Disorder

Today was back-to-work day, and the human woke up just a little ahead of the alarm clock, which was set for 6:00 am. There was a large, firm body next to her, with a soft, sleek head on her tummy and one large paw kind of hugging her... It was so sweet that when the alarm did go off, the human hit the snooze button. 9 minutes later the alarm went off again, and the Droid never so much as twitched. Snooze button again, therefore. And again, and again and again and.... It was around 7:15 that the human realized that panic was now called for, and so with many apologies to her sweetest AreToo, the way reluctant human went vertical and eventually arrived at work - not quite late, but almost.....

6 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Oh, how SWEET! Dear little (um, not so) droid. Isn't it terrible to have to unwrap their little arms and slide away from their plump, warm, sleeping, furry little bodies! I try so hard to do it without waking or disturbing them. Do you have the rest of the weekend off? I might post my recipe for chicken in orange juice if you do.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Recipe, pls! I do have the next 2 days off, and am psyching myself up to protest in predicted single digit weather tomorrow, or, rather, today a bit later on!

12:33 AM  
Blogger poe said...

Hi Lizzy ~

I guess you know that I haven't been around due to stupid knee surgery! I've concluded that I injured it somehow working 20 hour days for the campaign - took one for the team, you could say. Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say hi, I've missed you, and was happy to see your lovely face in the protest photos Bill sent me. I hope to be there next week.

Peace Friend,

Pam

PS Hi TPC!

9:42 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Hi, Pam! How wonderful to see (er ...) you again!

Would you mind terribly if I asked what kind of surgery it was? I'm supposed to have some in a couple of months and I've done my research but I'm still nervous and all.

Lizzy: Today's captcha: faunsick

Really, I do believe you're behind this!

3:26 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

PS: Love to teh fauns and many generous kisses. Also, now I'm awake, a recipe!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Hi, Pam -I've missed you, too! Please be careful - my sister-in-law had at least 2 several knee surgeries in which the surgery was a success but the follow-up - physical therapy, etc. - was a total disaster... This is for you, too, PoliticalCat! You guys have cheered me up a lot after I spent part of the morning reading about the horrors of Gaza.... Your fellow faun fan, L.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home