Saturday, February 07, 2009

Chess Masters

A little while ago Petunnia was in the bedroom, on the floor, looking up at the corner of the bed, meditating on an eventual ascent. Angel was behind her, looking down from the dresser, and Buddy had just come in. Of course Angel had to jump to the corner, thwarting Petunnia. And of course the human had to admonish Angel, and make him settle in a more reasonable spot. And of course Petunnia - with a clear shot to the corner - instead moved toward Buddy - crouching under a pile of quilts and blankies that were just about falling off the bed - no ascent possible there - but at least she was so close to Buddy that he was in turn totally thwarted. In the end, Angel snoozed on a pillow, Petunnia purred away on Mom's lap, and Buddy kneaded the blankies and got petted to his heart's content. And AreToo joined us on the bed, and Cyrrie came in to birdwatch from the dresser. But first we had to go through all the maneuvers.

5 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

This would tend to indicate that someone is feeling all better now. Yes? Possibly someone even went to march and wave signs today and such? Purrs to all teh furries and a furpat for their momma.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Hey, TPC - At this very moment, I iz sittin' on the floor usin' the laptop cuz the comfy computer (wit' the rockin' chair) is mouseless - no batteries - but the gorgeous droid iz hangin' wit me - and YAZ I did protest today! It was colder than I thought - DAMP! and WINDY - and I under-dressed - but that wuz my own fault... There were only about 10 of of us today, but lotz of good honkz...!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Captcha wuz hitsall - music reference? or search engine something or other?

11:17 PM  
Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Lizzy,

You've talked about protesting before - can you tell me a little more about what your group stands for? What kinds of signs do you hold up? Is it for "peace" or something more specific?

I'm especially curious about whether it is for "peace" because one of the groups I attend is discussing how to advocate for peace on a personal level. I'm trying to find things I can print out to take in to show how people are "walking their talk" in the real world.

I, too, hope you're feeling much better!

12:54 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Peace and social justice generally, I think - my favorite sign is just "We the People" - with a dove in the background... These wonderful people stand on a corner every Saturday from 12:00 - 1:00 pm. They've been doing it for almost 2 years now. This is their blog:
http://wyandotteprotest.blogspot.com/

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home