Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Not-The-Same Posting

I
Today I came across a little sausage thingy, the kind you get in gift packages, so I took it out of the fridge and put it on a cutting board on the counter by sink. I added a bit of cheese, and eventually cut a slice of each and munched... And then went off to do something else. When I came back to the kitchen, the cheese was there but not the sausage. Hmm. Had I put it back in the fridge? No. I looked all over the kitchen feeling like I'd lost my mind, but I'm sure you're way ahead of me here. There, in the dining room, were Cyrrie and Cloud and the sausage (I'm sure Cloud was the actual culprit, who then shared sweetly with her brother and fellow foodie Cyrano). I picked up the sausage - they'd actually managed to munch quite a bit off one end. Even more yucky was all the dust and - of course - cat hair it had aquired. Washing it off, I got out 3 saucers, chopped, and portioned it out in 3 equal amounts (AreToo was bound to show up eventually). Were they happy? Absolutely not. It seems it was much tastier when stollen. (A little while later, though, all saucers were mysteriously empty...)
II
The hardest part of doing laundry? Having to - eventually - break their little hearts by folding the blankies. For 2 days they had enjoyed a mountainscape of laundry piled high on the dining room table. At one point there were 5 of them lounging together. Today they resisted peacefully as I tugged one towel or blanky or tablecloth after another out from under their little butts. Eventually everything was folded and many of the blankies were placed back on the table for them to snooze on - but you could tell it just wasn't the same...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home