Thursday, May 14, 2009

Aha Moment

Woke up this morning with a pain in my foot. A throbbing, in fact, impossible to ignore. When I finally looked (totally near-sighted and not nearly as flexible as I used to be) I saw a large blood blister. Huh? Haven't been walking, haven't worn new shoes... The only thing I could think of was a couple of nights ago a friendly little nip from that rascally Angel. But when I looked up blood blisters, it turns out that a "pinch" can break a vein without breaking the skin! Thank you, Angel, I say as I hobble about.

2 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Oh, you poor thing! Ice it, I think.

sosyn - a variant spelling of a name which means, "As the lily, pure."

9:12 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

"Ice it" was indeed the right thing to do. Of course I did my research AFTER I'd attempted self-treatment (self: soak in warm water, try to drain; research: "whatever you do, don't try to break the blister"). Fortunately for me, it is getting better...

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home