Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Yikes Blogging

When I left for work today I was looking forward to - at some point - doing some "serious" Nubia blogging, since the little dear's antics have been so numerous and cute in the last 24 or so hrs... Instead we will tell the latest adventure of Jennifer - Patron Saint and Guardian Angel of fully half of the 922 population. I got into the Library this afternoon to be met with the news that Jennifer had just rescued another cat - at great personal risk to herself - first stopping on the freeway and then being somewhat savaged by the poor, freaked out rescuee. Who had since climbed up inside her dashboard and was refusing to come out. We sent Jen to urgent care, while she left her car open in the hope that the little (presumably) feral would escape to "safety" on the spacious and green and hopefully cat-friendly Mg campus. (Christy - Meera-Bella, Kai and Wicket's mama and Angel, AreToo, Duncan and Trouble's sibling-Mama - drove.) (Are we incestuous or what?) Eventually Jen returned and her partner, Mike, arrived to look at her car. Poor little cat was still in the dashboard, which Mike then began dismantling. It wasn't easy. It took a long time. Eventually the little monster was recovered and released, only to bolt straight into the open door to the Library. I supposed it was nerves, but I admit it's been a long time since I laughed so hard. He (definitely a he) was hunted down, cornered, recaptured and re-released. We put food and water out for him, hoping he'll hang around and get comfortable with us. He's actually a cutie. I'd love for him to become a Library cat - indoor or outdoor. Pray for him / send him your love, pls...

2 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Oh, my! Poor traumatized little fellow! Please send him my best, my very best wishes and hopes for his safety and continued residence at the Mg library. What, I ask, is a library without a cat?

I'm afraid Captcha has taken to insulting me: nutst?

11:33 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Oh, I knew you'd understand! I do so hope we'll see him again!! I've got no Captcha to compare, since I'm Lizzy again... Moving between computers gets confusing, sometimes. How are los gatos doin'? Pls give them luvs of all sorts from me....

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home