Monday, November 05, 2007

In The Night, All Cats Are Grey - Not!

Because I didn't sleep well last night, I could follow their comings and goings: When I turned off the light, it was Petunnia beside the pillow, and Angel at the foot of the bed - in fact I was stretched out squanch-wise to accommodate him. After a while AreToo arrived, did a circuit of the bed and settled in - on top of me (the light one sleeps beside me, the heavy one stretches out all along my legs). Next it's Buddy, who bounds up over my chest, hardly landing on me at all. He also does a walk around, seemingly counting cats, then leaves. Almost immediately he's back, bounding over my chest again, but when - with closed eyes - I reach over to pet him, my fingers get gobbled, and of course it's Cyrrie. Then almost immediately, Buddy is back. He washes Cyrrie's face, and they curl up together. So for a while there are the five of them, peaceably sharing the bed and the human. I must have drifted off for a bit, because the next time I looked/felt around, it was just me and Angel...

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Hi, Lizzy, Political Cat, Mismn and anyone else who's followed my saga!

I got to the outpatient surgery center at 6:00 am, went in for surgery about 8:00 am. A friend came with me and they let her sit with me in the pre-op room and again in the post-op room. (She also did double duty above and beyond the call when I forgot my check and she and another friend had to go back to my apartment to find it!)

The operation itself only took a short time and then I was out into recovery. They even let me go early because my vital signs were so good. My friend and I enjoyed breakfast at a nearby Norm's then headed over to participate in the art group at a nearby mental health center. I got home about 3:00 pm. Took a nap and now here it is 8:00 pm and I'm feeling great.

The "unknown" had me stressed out, so I think the second surgery in two weeks will be better.

So far, I think I'm doing well adapting to the implant. At a post-op apartment tomorrow I will be able to hear what the doctor thinks.

Thanks for all your good wishes and support! Coming here every day soothed my nerves considerably -- a given, considering how sweet and good and adorable all the 922 cats and kittens are here.

11:12 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Yay, Sandy! I've been looking for you all day. So glad to hear you're doing OK. Yes, Lizzy is the Hostess With The Mostest - 922 cats and "kittens" is nothing to sneeze at! Looking forward to repeat visits from you, and more tales of your successes with the system.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Wow, Sandy, I'm stunned - I was sure we wouldn't hear from you for at least a couple of days. This is just EXCELLENT news! I have to go tell the babes...

11:45 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Lizzy, don't forget to give them extra kisses. If not for their purrs, who knows what might've happened? (Any excuse to kiss those little beauties, I say.)

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home