Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Reference Desk Blogging

Banshee
Yesterday Bansh had 3 pretty bad asthma attacks right in a row, so when I should have been going off to work I called the vetz instead, and they said to bring her in for the injection. Amazingly, I really think she's getting used to going! She's always been so terrified, howling miserably on the drive over. This time she just... talked. In the exam room she'd always curl up as if she was trying to shrink herself out of existence. Yesterday she kept her head up and her eyes open. They toted her away to give her the shot, and when when she came back she was still ok with the technician petting her and saying how good (and how pretty) she was... Mama was proud.
Angel and Cloud
Cloud was sound asleep in the Morris chair, and so - of course - Angel had to attack her. Angel was scooped up immediately and carried away to the bedroom for a very long cuddl... I mean talking to. When enough time had passed, he was released on the condition that he be a very good boy for the rest of his whole little life. Cloud had just fallen back asleep, and so - of course - he jumped her again!
Cyrrano's Breakfast
We had an english muffin, Cyrrie and I. I toasted and buttered the first half, and Cyrrie was all like, Yum, but when I added blackberry preserves to the second half, he continued to eat his fair share, but made sure I knew he preferred the butter-only version...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Hi, Lizzy!

Today was a much better day than yesterday! When I woke up I found I could see much better than I had the day before (1st day of surgery). I can read a book, see the computer and see in the distance! The post-op appointment went well, too. The doctor said this technology didn't exist prior to two years ago. I feel very fortunate to have had a good result. I know someone whose vision was much worse after cataract surgery. However, that person didn't have any implants either. The unfortunate thing is that Medicare and Medicaid don't cover implants. I'm having the go into a 401(k) to foot the bill.

Your vignettes today of the catz and kittenz were superb! I feel a book coming into being. A very sweet book that has many chapters that capture the interweaving of your life with your sweet and good companions.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Hi, Sandy - I'm so glad it's going so well. What an outrage about the financial end, though - I would likely be classified legally blind without my hard contacts - and yet my health insurance considers them to be "cosmetic". What a country we live in! Thanks goodness for cats and "kittens" and kittehs, too... Take care of yourself! L.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home