Sunday, December 23, 2007

Toy Blogging

I
I had a little bag of nuts that came through the mail with something else. I opened the bag and poured the contents into a miniature glass bowl. There were like, 2 peanuts, 2 cashews, 2 almonds, etc., so it didn't take long to nibble it all up. All except for the brazil nuts of course, which I "saved" for the squirrels. I left the bowl on the dining room table... Working in the kitchen, I heard a very high tinkly sound, which, going back to the dining room, turned out to be Cloud, tapping 1 brazil nut against the little glass bowl which was in turn chiming so prettily. 1 brazil nut... Which means that there's another brazil nut now hanging out wherever with mice and octopi and such.
II.
Before going out last night, I took a shower and so was sitting at the computer with Lucy on my lap (I belong to Lucy right after a shower) when I heard another tinkly sound, this one, unfortunately, quite familiar. When he was younger, AreToo had a thing for my best tweezer, and God forbid I absently-mindedly left it unprotected on the vanity. The tinkle was the sound of the tweezer hitting the tile floor, and I got the the hallway just in time to see the little droid, tweezer in mouth, bounding away - into the kitchen and then down the stairs. Cussing, I hunted down a second best tweezer, carefully storing it in the medicine cabinet. Imagine my utter surprise and delight - coming home late last night, and finding the best tweezer smack in the middle of the hallway, where I couldn't possibly have missed it. Do ya think?
III.
Running errands yesterday, I took 2 coupons into a WalGreen's for the Grandhuman. Of course they didn't have what she wanted, but while I was there I saw an attractive pet toy ensemble - 3 little doodads stapled to cardboard - and spent some serious time reading the package. Made from recycled materials, good for the environment, good. Natural feathers, only, not dyed, good. (Don't ask about the birds, of course.) But no where do I see the dreaded "Made in China". Cool, I think. I buy it. I get it home, and start the process of un-stapling the doodads, with a crowd of very interested "kittens" helping me out. And there - on the doodads but hidden by the cardboard - was the provenance. And of course it was China. Of course it was...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home