Thursday, December 27, 2007

Worst-Cat-Morning-Ever Blogging

Banshee, Part I
From the time I got up until I had to leave for the vetz, Banshee never let me get within 5 feet of her - and this was after my getting up 3 times in the middle of the night to try and hold her paw as she gacked...
Petunnia, Parts I and II
Petunnia I did manage to catch, but we had a terrible fight with lots of swearing and even screaming on her part, so I covered my ears and let her go. I put the soft-sided carrier up on the dining room table, popped the top on a can of FF, and poured some juice into a saucer, which I placed on the dining room table. After fending off Cyrrie, 'Toonya was tempted, was caught, and was quickly stuffed into the carrier. I turned away to put on my coat, and turning back, saw, to my ever lasting horror, 'Toonya thrashing around so violently in the carrier that she rolled herself right over the edge of the table. I almost got there in time. Absolutely horrified, I decided that the best thing was to get her to the vetz asap, and, not re-assuringly, she cussed and howled and shrieked the whole way over (only about 3 or 4 blocks, thank goodness). As it happened, there were other, more serious emergencies, so 'Toonya and I waited, not very patiently I admit. But I petted her the whole time, trying to see if she was tender anywhere, and, really, it seemed not. When we finally got to see our sweet Dr. Kelly, she thought 'Toonya had probably not injured herself in her fall. She also agreed that she was limping on her left front leg, but didn't feel any scary abnormality. We could do xrays, we could start pain meds, but we could also wait and watch, which is what I opted for for the time being.
Banshee, Part II
Much much later, Banshee evidently decided the coast was clear. Sprawled out on the dining room table, she let the human cuddle her, with only a slight undertone of smug in her purring. Surprise, surprise! The human scooped her up and packaged her in the carrier, and she got her asthma shot and then came "home again, home again, licketty split" - as we say.

2 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Oh, dear. They can be so difficult. Thank goodness their memories are short. Bandicoot has a terrible cold and he's been on antibiotics for two weeks, so today we're trying something specific to anaerobic bacteria. Poor child. Best to Toonya and Banshee the gacker. Poor kids!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Oh, poor little Bandicoot - Bless you and bless you, Sweetheart! Please, PoliticalCat, keep us all posted...

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home