Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Two Tales Of The Little Chirpling

I.
A couple of days ago, I was in the bathroom trying to get ready for work. At Cloud's command, I had put "new water, good water" into the bathtub bowl, and was going about my business when there was a noise behind me. And it was Cyrrie, doing something, that was irritating his sister. I scooped him up out of the tub, tossed him out the door, and closed the door, only to find Cloud furious with me! There I was, rightly or wrongly rescuing her, and there she was being mad. She glared at me. She paced up and down beside the closed door, using horrid language. Miss Cloud, I said, if you think you're going anywhere until you can behave yourself, you can think again. And I stuck to my guns...
II.
This morning it was Angel, chasing Cloud, and as she went by I scooped her up, which usually elicits chirping. Today, however, for whatever reason, she allowed herself to be soothed. She went into her little trance, eyes closed, purring. I kept rubbing her little chin, and the next thing I knew, she was drooling on me. And then, unfortunately, AreToo wandered in and eye-balled her. At first, she kept her eyes closed, and managed to simultaneously purr and chirp. Slowly the purrs got softer and the chirps got louder, and then her eyes opened! I had to find a safe spot to release her, you know, safely...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

"These are the times that try little chirplings souls."

Chirpling - a sweet little word. Chirping - once again I wish there was a little camera that could capture these unique little sounds.

10:44 AM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Someday Lizzy will kindly favour us with a little video clip, and we'll hear the chirpling and sleeptalking AreToo!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home