Sunday, June 29, 2008

Post Panic Blogging

All afternoon 'Toonya snoozed on the top of the couch, and as the light changed she came to glow in the reflected light from the green gold fabric... Imagine my horror when, after visiting the grandhuman, I came home to indulge them all in FancyFeast, and there was no Petunnia... This was quite unheard of - and the longer she was missing, the worse my panic. I looked everywhere - under the dining room table, under the couch, under the bed, the chairs, the book case, in the closets - no 'Toonya. I went upstairs, downstairs, outside, upstairs, downstairs, outside again. The rest of the guys were getting so nervous they were put off their FancyFeast. Many nightmare scenarios played out in my brain. Finally I went upstairs again, and there she was, lounging on an old trunk, yawning becomingly, looking not in the least sick or injured. It will take me hours to get over this, but everyone else is nom noming their interrupted FF....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This happened to me once, with my Old Old Mister. I will *never* forget that feeling of panic. Cold December in Minnesota, and the Old Mister, at age 21 years, was extremely thin -- I was terrified. I was running up and down the stairs, running in and out, it seemed like forever but I suppose it was no more than 15 minutes.

Suddenly, he was just there, in the middle of the kitchen floor. Where had he been? How did he reappear? I think it is the only time in my life that I have cried because I was relieved. (But I never solved the mystery. Part of me thinks he was checking out some other space-time dimension.)

To facilitate your recovery from your moments of panic, Lizzy, I prescribe many extra hugs and kisses for Petunia! (As if you haven't already!) Just don't tell the others why -- you don't want to put ideas in their heads.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Hooray! The lost sheep is back in the fold!

Glad you can relax now and give her the love and attention she deserves and that will help you get over this trauma!

P.S. My favorite feline, Chumley, had his Mom and me in a tizzy one time when she couldn't find him when she left the apartment (unheard of for Chumley to fail to see her off). I came over for lunch and arrive before her and let myself in with a key she's given me. For 10 minutes I called his name in every room and I had finally gotten down on hands and knees to look under the bed (a favorite hiding place) when he made his presence known -- he'd been snoozing in the closet -- maybe hadn't been feeling well. It was SUCH a relief!

2:38 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Thanks to both of you! Thank you for the stories with happy endings - and they do teleport, I'm convinced - and the lol good advice - I can just see Cyrrie thinking - I'll hide under the bed until she has to lure me out with... FOOD! Actually, the drama continued when I woke up in the middle of the night and 'Toonya was not in bed with me. I went back up in the attic, then went through the house again, then upstairs again - only to have her meet me at the foot of the stairs with that What are you going on about now? look on her face. She followed me back to bed and washed my hands for a long time...

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home