Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another Tonight

I
When I drove up there was emerald-eyed black and white Buddy serenely sprawled in the window well, watching... whatever. I put the car into park, looked back toward Buddy and he had morphed into a little grey and white shape, tensely crouched, brown eyes blazing. How could that have happened so fast?
II
It was FancyFeast night and they knew it, crowding my feet and following me from room to room. But it was important to get the porch plants - such a lot of them! - watered before it got too dark, so the babes had to wait. Is it their idea of payback that they have yet to clean their little plates?
III
As I type at the dining room table, Cloud is in the window and 'Toonya is on the table with me - looking at the ceiling either totally hallucinating, seeing psychically into other dimensions or tracking a little tiny white (or pale) moth that I cannot see from here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home