Saturday, September 20, 2008

5:30 AM

The alarm went off and the human calculated she could squeeze in 1 hit on the snooze button, 2 max, but she didn't take the Angel into account. As soon as the alarm went off, Angel wanted her up. He kneaded and nudged her toward the edge of the bed, and when that didn't work he jumped on her (fortunately Angel is one of the - few - light weight ones). When that didn't work he jumped off the bed, stood on his back legs and patted the human's eyelids. She was bound and determined to make it to the next alarm at least, and he was bound and determined to get her upright. He won. Of course. And when the sleepy human stumbled into the kitchen she expected to find an empty bowl crisis at the very least. Nope. Why was Angel so crazy to get her out of bed this morning? No idea. None what-so-ever...

6 Comments:

Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Lizzy and PC:

For not commenting much recently, I wish I could say "the cat's got my tongue!"

I peek in on you guys regularly, I really do!

After the wedding "peak experience" I've been experiencing a big let down on energy so I often can't find the words to comment.

Also, the financial situation in the midst of the political fiasco is beginning to wear on me.

I've resorted to rereading a series of books that make me laugh out loud - the Janet Evanovich series. I don't know if you've read any of her books about the adventures of Stephanie Plum and her bail bondsmen cohorts - she's got about 13 out now and I just howl over some of the passages.

Anyway - Lizzy your pictures of the babes are adorable and as usual your vignettes of life with the 922 cats and kittens warm me to my toes. And PC, I rely on you to express my political angst and anger in words I can't find as easily as you do.

Thank you for the energy you put into your posts. So glad you can find the time in the midst of your lives to enlighten us as well as lighten my mood whenever I read your posts.

1:42 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Oh, poor Sandy! I must post you some LOLs. Janet Evanovich, eh? Will look for. Here's a hug, hope your energy returns soon.

PS: I can always tell when you've been visiting, my sitemeter lets me know.

8:50 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Oh@! No Lizzy for two days! Where are you, dear friend? Hope everything's OK and calmed down? The little furry lovies are all happy and calm? No more barfing?

Wishing you well and missing your lovely posts, tpc

8:51 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

PS: For both of you, PLEASE do a Google search on 9 Chickweed Lane for some beautiful cat- and weirdness-themed cartoonage by Brooke McEldowney!

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A question for Lizzie:

Why 922? Not 816? Or a billion?

Is this an arcane literary allusion?

(By the way, I have 12.)

Billy Webb

9:36 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Hi, Sandy, Hi, PoliticalCat - I love to see your names pop up... I was so tired tonight but you inspired me to blog, anyway. And Hi, Billy Webb - 12? Oh, no fair! Have your friends designated you as officially eccentric 4 times over?? (And maybe I'll put up an explanatory post or picture.)

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home