Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hi, All Blogging

1) Sandy - You and the CA fires are never far from my thoughts - I went out into a blizzard Monday night and wished I could swap our snowflakes for your ashes...
2) ThePoliticalCat - I know I've fallen way down on the job - mark it up to exhaustion, neurosis/es and something like guilt - the guys have been so sweet to me lately it sounded like bragging when I started to blog about them - but I'll come clean, I promise.
3) Camera batteries have failed me, right on time - I had a pic of the new window's roof, complete with ice, snow and fallen leaves...
4) Advice solicited: One thing leads to another, right? So I finally realized that the beautiful new garden window is a bit chilly - not drafty - but cool... (AreToo likes it best, well insulated Droid that he is.) So I'm going to have to get some extra-comfy blankies - maybe even something high techish. Here's what I'm looking at - any suggestions? http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/pet_supplies.cfm?c=3261+1883+19599
(Why the heck can't I make it a link?? Drat, drat, drat!)

5 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Hello, dear Lizzy,

Please not to interpret our wails as complaints about the excellent job you're doing providing hours of furry joy! As for teh linkies, quick lesson:

Angle_bracket+letter a+space href+equals_sign+double_quotes+paste_link_here+close_double_quotes+angle bracket+type_text_for_link, e.g., Bob's Kittens, +angle_bracket+backslash, e.g., (/),+a+angle_bracket, for example:

Lizzy's choice.

Did it work? Let's check.

12:48 AM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Hey! It worked! So anyway, please, please, rest, take it easy, and tell Angel to stop abusing you or it's a phone call to the FDVA (Feline Domestic Violence Authorities) followed by an electronic tail ring for him, or something. (I like the idea of Angel with a tail ring.)

Be careful mit dem blizzards. Lots of hugs for the little ones.

12:51 AM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

PS: A heated cup bed is probably your best bet, but when I got one for my kitties they all hated it. I have no idea why. They still don't like it, after five years. They'd rather sleep scroonched up against me than sleep on that thing. It's even a nice leopard print that I thought they'd recognize. (sniff!)

12:53 AM  
Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Lizzy - thanks for your good wishes! The skies are blue again, except for a brownish tinge up against the mountains and things seem to be quieting down on the fire front.

My sister and I will be driving up to Santa Barbara this weekend. We lived in Goleta back in the 50's (almost bought a house in Montecito, then ended up moving down to Palos Verdes Estates in Southern California). Maybe we'll see something of the fire damage. Goleta is a few miles away from the fires and we're going to see the old house we lived in while going to grade school. The school we went to (Cathedral Oaks) was closed in 1978. Now it's an adult ed place, I think.

Lizzy - do not stress yourself over pictures, etc. Your written vignettes are so amusing and I think we'll survive when camera batteries fail.

PC - I still have trouble with that link thingy -- I just don't practice it enough!

Hugs to all the babes, including those at PC's house. Kisses on little snouts and tummies all around.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Thank you, PoliticalCat, for making my link work, for the help on linking (will I ever remember?) and for the advice on bedzies...
Sandy, I hope you and your sister have a lovely trip!!
(Hugs and kisses dutifuly delivered.)

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home