Sunday, November 30, 2008

Last Treat Of The Holiday Weekend

I let them play up in the attic: Since it turned cold, I've tried to keep the (unfinished/uninsulated) attic stairway sealed off. Well, to the best of my ability, that is - rug against the door that's not quite long enough, towel stuffed under the gap, etc. And of course they come along and move the rug, and dig out the towel, and the next thing I know I'm freezing. So then I put the sweeper against the rug, and reinforce the towel with a footstool, but to no avail. And then there's the heart-wrenching pleading - picture Cloud dancing around the barricades, looking you right in the eye, then looking oh-so-meaningfully at the doorknob! Resistance is... almost futile. So today (I need to go up later, anyway, and fetch down the personal heaters) I gave in. I moved the sweeper for her, pulled back the rug, opened the door - only to have her stand there like, What? It's cold up there? And when tougher little Cyrrie gave her a helpful nudge, she - you guessed it- turned around and smacked him....

1 Comments:

Blogger Hokule'a Kealoha said...

there are these thingys that you can slide on the bottom of the door to keep the drafts out. there is a soft spongy foam tube on both sides. cant put the linky in here but I will find it and email you with it

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home