Saturday, January 17, 2009

Angel Update

Hi, Sandy! You should have seen him this morning as I tried to get ready for work. I'd be in the bathroom putting on makeup and he'd bounce in and look up at me and bounce out - I'd have to follow him back to the bedroom where he'd bounce up on the bed and sprawl out between Petunnia and Lucy (who could have done without all the activity). I'd pet him, and admire him, of course, saying how handsome and cute and smart and sweet, etc. And then, of course, I'd have to do it all over again for the girls. Then I'd go back to trying to get ready, and he'd start all over again. We must have gone through this 5 or 6 times, with him looking smugger and smugger and smugger... Yanks my chain, indeed!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

He's a sweet little devil, he is!

It always amazes me how much of a bond we can feel for these little creatures - even the devilish sweet ones. They want our attention and thrive under it. And we love it when they respond to us. At least I do (I'm babysitting Chumley tonight so I can watch Jon Stewart. His "Mom" is off teaching a poetry class.)

I especially want to see what Jon Stewart and Colbert say about the Inaugural hoopla.

I watched with my poet friend and Chumley this morning. It was impressive and heartening to see Obama take the oath. I have hope now. The grown ups are back in charge of the house.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

True on all counts! The little ones are in it for the attention/affection, and it is always such a thrill to be loved by them... And yea, Barack Obama - I willingly stood for the national anthem for the first time since right after 9/11.... I had volunteered to help at our inauguration party this morning, but when there were technical difficulties, I jumped ship and was lucky enough to watch on a so-so tv in a dance classroom with a handful of weepy people..... I, too, loved it that he was being absolutely serious. (And weren't those girls darlings??)

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home