Monday, January 05, 2009

Believing What You Read

Last week I read that cats are highly intelligent and have complex emotional lives. Well, of course, I thought. And then there was the Angel, and I had to think - which 0f these 2 concepts does not apply to Angel? Here's what happened: Angel and I were sharing the bed when Petunnia joined us. I was reading, and so missed the details, but there was bad language, and when I said Be good, be sweet! in my firmest tone, Angel departed the bedroom. I gave Petunnia a pet and went back to my book. The next I knew, Angel was back and there was a full scale cat fight taking place. Angel got the boot, and I cuddled 'Toonya for a long time. It's one thing to pounce on Cloud, who is young and tough, but Petunnia has seniority to burn, and she limps... I was so mad at that little rascal. (And he knew it.) I would like to say he learned his lesson, but unfortunately he did practically the same thing the very next day with Lucy! Highly intelligent? Complex emotional life??

7 Comments:

Blogger Hokule'a Kealoha said...

jelous little snip

7:46 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

I do have to say that Petunnia settled in beside the Angel this am as if nothing had ever happened - Angel was completely unconscious of course - which, for him, means totally sweet and good...

8:57 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Oh, my. Is "Bad Angel" an oxymoron? The vet said to spray the room they're all in (wivout spraying the offender or the offendee) every other day (or fight) with a little Feliway. It seems to calm them right down and I'm very proud to report that although Madu jumped on Gustav with TWO paws, scratched him AND punched him in the snoot, Gustav — upon hearing "Be good, be sweet, behave," and having his vicinity sprayed, was just as good as gold, settling down after a couple of eye-kisses in my direction. As for the 'Du, all that bad language earned him a few minutes of cold therapy (out on the porch) and by the time he got back in, he had quite forgotten the whole incident and promptly clambered up on the bed and fell asleep.

12:01 AM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

I had quite forgotten about the Feliway - I used it - both the spray and the plug in - when the kittens - by then the Marygrove 3 - started to run around the house - I'd wanted to keep the stress down for the older cats... Spraying some in the bedroom does sound like a good idea! Thx!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Oh, and kisses to the both of them - Gustav surely deserves them, and I'm sure Madu has repented as well as forgot...

10:09 AM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Gustav got his own back today, when he attempted to embalden Gojira's tail. I kissed him anyway, and admonished him to "Be good, be sweet, behave!" As for Madu, I believe he forgot all about the incident 20 seconds after it happened, being as he's a narcoleptic sorta boy. Out wandering in the woods right now, as a narcoleptic boy will. Love and tummy rubs to all your li'l guys too.

Today's captcha: plessins

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home