Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Rescue Blogging

About an hour and a half ago I heard a commotion - clapping, saying Be sweet, be good, I did the rounds - only to find no evidence of un-sweetness... Going to back to the bedroom I noticed Buddy, AreTtoo and Cyrrie staring mesmerized out the window - but looking down, not up, as in birding. Hmm. Looking out the window with them I see a large, long-haired, scruffy, probably dirty probably feral cat looking into a bush right under my window. Regardless of how not appealling he (presumably) looked, I took him out a dish of crunchies, and he took off. OK, feral. And then I heard another sound, and in the bush was a little whitish cat who came right out to eat. A very small female - calico coloring - even if not quite a kitten. And skinny, oh, lord, skin and bones skinny. And friendly. So as of this typing, the little cat is locked into our basement food pantry with all the amenities - if she's not pregnant already, even if she is pregnant already, I just couldn't leave her out all night at the mercy of that feral male (not his fault, I know). Tomorrow we try to get into our vetz. She's a strong personality - did not want to be locked up - ran right out and confronted AreToo before I nabbed her and stuffed her back into the pantry... Pls pray for her in terms of not having FLV, FIV, etc. (And not pregnant, also.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

Cyrrie and Angel are standing guard in the bedroom window which makes me wonder if the scruffy male is lurking out there somewhere (I did leave him some food, how could I not?)...

11:24 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Of COURSE you did! Praying, praying.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

and praying some more.

3:46 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Back to check. Why am I thinking, Banshee, Banshee?

5:26 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Just a quick reminder that FIV tests often yield false positive results. Domino was tested as FIV-positive and has lived with us (he's feral and won't come in the house after his six-week imprisonment and subsequent successful escape) for 13 years now. He shares food and water bowls with our kitties and the neighbours' and none of them have shown any indication of FIV-positiveness. Also, my vet assures me that FIV diagnosis is way overrated, and such cats need not even be isolated from others as transmission only occurs when bites are serious enough to draw blood. Scratches do not transmit.

Worrying, worrying.

New kitteh captcha: nosentsc, as in "I R (in)nosentsc!"

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home