Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Breakthough Blogging

First thing this morning I tried again, and she came out crabbie. Hissing at the walls, the floors, her sibs. So I put her back. Then Angel started up - mercilessly harassing Buddy and Cyrrie until I told him, If you don't cut that out I'll let her out again! And then of course I did. She went after Angel and I did not intervene. No clapping, no "no-noing", no be sweet/be good/behaving, no nothing. And Angel who had been fleeing from her, finally stood up for himself and hissed back, bigtime. She lay right down, not submissively at all but with an air of, I'm a celestial little princess and I have no idea why anyone would want to hiss at me... And I was like, Of course! Instead of intervening I should let them work it out themselves. A little while later she tried her act on Lucy, who totally did not back down. Confronted with Lucy's magnificent, demonic hissing, Nubie did grovel, rolling on her back (but still growling - she's mastered the art of the mixed message). A little while later she went into the bedroom which was already occupied by Petunnia, Cyrrie, Angel and Aretoo. After hissing at everyone, she jumped into the window well, just inches from AreToo, turned her back and settled into bird watching. I am so encouraged. (Not enough to leave them alone together for 9 or 10 hours, but soon...)

1 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Oh, my, what a little ... pistol! Sounds like Angel's in love with her! Go Lucy! It sounds like they're all just trying to figure out where everyone belongs on the totem pole!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home