Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wow

I can't believe a whole week has gone by! It's been a busy week for me, but I still can't believe it... I just took several way cute pics of the Nubie, as well as a couple of stock shots of Cloud and 'Toonya, when the batteries died. I swear they last about 18 hrs or so anymore... Where does one buy rechargeable batteries, anyway?
Anyway, a few updates:
Nubia thinks her names sounds too much like a scolding - Nubia! You be a [good girl]! And so forth... She's a total nuisance in the morning when I'm trying to wash face, scrub teeth, etc., but today when I locked her out of the bathroom she scratched at the door until you believed there was a monster/demon on the other side. I hung tough, but she popped it open anyway. Even AreToo was appalled. I want to weigh her - I'm sure she'd more than 8 lbs now... Although infinitely more mellow than she was, she can still walk up to a senior (they're all senior to her) sibling and just go into wind-mill mode. The boys usually bat back, then run away. The other girls glare, growl or hiss, variously. And then she's like, What? Who?? Me???
Charging the batteries, looking forward to a bit of weekend blogging. Takez care, yuz allz...!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Hi, Lizzy!

Hope you've able to wind down this weekend! I love to read your posts and see the gang in living color, but you need to relax sometimes, too -- so not too much blogging, unless that's the way you unstress!

I'm fortunate to live on the West side of Los Angeles. The fires are close to Pasadena, Altadena, far east of me. My Mom lives in Alhambra, just south of Pasadena, but the fires shouldn't be a danger for her area, just all that smoke is not good for older lungs.

Take care!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Oh, Sandy! I was so glad to see your comment - translate this into your preferred vocabulary, but you have been on my heart this week and I have been praying for your safety... I hope your mother can avoid the worst of the smoke, too. I'll be pulling myself together blogging-wise - the gang deserve a faithful recorder of their antics (and worse) after all.... Thanks again for the update! Stay safe, love, L.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home