Thursday, October 01, 2009

Monster Story

Yesterday, watering the porch plants, I had a little yellow striped cat come up and talk to me. My rule is, I will put food outside if I actually see a cat that might need it. So I put a bowl of wet food by the driveway - by that time I could hear it but not see it anymore... Then I left for the day. So I don't actually know if the cat ate or not, but I suspect not. When I got home rather late last night something rat-like but disturbingly large ran away from the headlights. I realized it had been by the bowl I'd put out earlier. I sat in the car for a minute, totally creeped out, and then the details started to come into focus - it had been large for a rat - rather pale for a rat - and rather slower than I imagine a rat would run. Possum is my bet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home