Friday, October 12, 2007

The Bird Feeder

When I put the bird feeder up on the porch a week ago, I doubted that birds would come. It was hanging from the edge of the awning, probably too close to a house full of 922 cats and "kittens". For the first few days it seemed I was right, and the only visitor was a frustrated but persistent squirrel. Then one day I noticed that the seed level was down about an inch, and, a little later, actual birds were seen, perched and fluttering, although they declined to be photographed. Yesterday morning when I left for work, there must have been a couple of dozen birds who burst up from the ground and the bushes, all saying How dare you interrupt our breakfast! And they'd made quite a mess of seeds and sunflower shells on the porch. And when I came home last night, the feeder was quite quite empty. If this is going to continue, I will definitely have to locate a source for discount bird food.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

Birds are back! Petunnia and Banshee watched from the window as their human in her robe and slippers refilled the feeder...

10:56 AM  
Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

I just saw the movie "The Birds" on T.V. recently -- just make sure that bird feeder doesn't get too low. Don't want to p.o. any of those birds.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

LOL, totally...

11:08 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Emptied in a day! OH, NOES...

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home