Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Ran Across This In Wikipedia...

"One can deduce that a grey male cat with a white bib and paws: has the o variant of the orange gene on its only X chromosome (because the grey color corresponds to black, not orange); has at least one S variant of the white Spotting gene (because it has the white bib and paws); has two w genes (because it expresses a fur color); has the dominant B gene (because its fur color is a shade of black rather than brown); has two d (dilute) genes (because its fur is grey, rather than black)... " - It made my lonely for Cyrrie!

5 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Also from that source: "The word [tabby] comes from French tabis, which was earlier atabis, and in medieval Latin attabi. The initial origin of the word seems to be from the Attabiyah section of Baghdad where a type of striped silk was made that was later used to describe cats."

5:21 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

And now I'm lonely for my two mackerels and my one whorler.

5:22 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Stop it, you two, you're making me lonely for dear Bandicoot who has only just run out on the hillside, becoming very tired of having kisses rained upon his sweet little white nose.

Why don't they like being kissed?

5:39 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Oh, I do love words, although I love cats more! PoliticalCat, please give Bandicoot a kiss from me - he'll have to stand for it just to be polite! (Kiss the others, too, and Christy? The same...)

8:45 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

I will, as soon as the little scalawag comes in. He likes the cool night breezes in his thick, long fur.

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home