Monday, February 18, 2008

Count Down To B-Day

Wednesday, the 20th, for this Pisces - incidentally this used to be totally classified information, but I guess I'm coming to terms with the idea of birthdays... And I hope I'm finally starting to get healthy again - I almost felt ok this morning, and then only relatively awful for the rest of the day, right until I got into my car to drive home. Then I got to cough my lungs out on the freeway - don't try this at home, kids. But right at the moment I'm feeling optimistic again. Cats and "kittens" claim credit - 'Toonya says, I sat on her chest for hours last night and washed her paws over and over... Angel says, I held her down by the knees. What would I do without them?

5 Comments:

Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Aw, 'Toonya and Angel, what sweet and good kitties you are to Lizzy. I especially credit Lizzy's improvement to the washing of her "paws" - such a soothing sandpapery thing for 'Toonya to do.

I'm finally beginning to lose whatever cough I've had for the past week. I hate when the coughing robs you of sleep. I've made a point to get even more naps in to make up for it.

My problem with coughing too much is that I get lightheaded! Not a good thing in the car, that's for sure.

Glad the babes are there for you, Lizzy, and that you're beginning to get better.

12:03 AM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Happy birfday in advance, Lizzy! I hope your new year is full of joy and laughter (how could it not, with 922 x infinity of loony behaviour and ridiculous antics?) and that you have a wonderful celebration!

Children, remember, a warm weight on Mama's chest squeezes out the evil humours! (Don't overdo it, though, some of ya are serious weight!) Love to all the little (and not-so) fuzzballs.

Don't forget to visit that day, Lizzy! La Casa de Los Gatos will be holding an open-house celebration.

12:17 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Oh, Sandy,

I'm so sorry you're still ill. Ricola?

12:17 PM  
Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Thank you, PC, - yes, I do use Ricola, faithfully. Today I feel much better, finally.

And this gives me a chance to say what I forgot earlier -- forgive me -- I too wish Lizzy the very best of birthdays. Be sure to post on the day of - hope you're really feeling better by then.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Sandy, I commiserate with you! The coughing thing sure does get old - and the lightheadedness, which I was blaming on the fever... I do so wish you had a cat or "kitten" to purr in your ear and say, I love you even when you bark like a dog...

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home