Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ham (ala Maddie and Ripley?)

The grandhuman sent me home with a care package - newspapers, salad, bread - and some sliced ham. I took off my coat, distributed crunchies, topped up the fountain, and then unpacked the care package, which had no ham in it. Hmm. Where's Cyrrie. And in fact Cyrrie, and the ham, and AreToo were discovered under dining room table. They had managed to get one slice out of the plastic bag, but weren't sure what to do next. So the human chopped up ham for them - and for Cloud and Angel - but made them eat it in the kitchen...

2 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Very naughty! FWIW, my vet told me never to feed them ham - the fat is supposedly too hard for their tiny blood vessels to handle, and the salt can give them stomachaches and pancreatitis.

Hope you had a lovely time with the grandhuman.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Hokule'a Kealoha said...

thats true! My critters love ham and smoked lunch meats but they are very bad for them...and humans too I suppose

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home