Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Blogging With My Heart Not In It

When I got the news about Tuffy yesterday, I asked her human if I could post it, and he said, Yes, and to thank you all for your concern and good wishes. When I actually went to do it, I found that my internet connection had gone down. I did all the usual things - turn computer off and on; power cycle the dsl modem; run the isp diagnostic; wait 1/2 to 2 hours and try again, etc. When I called I got a message, Unusually heavy support traffic - try again later. When I finally got hold of a techie, it was way late and he was, of course, located in India. After an hour or more of try this/try that, he gave up, gave me a "ticket" number, and said it could be fixed within 24 hours. So I had to wait until I went into work blog about Tuffy, God rest and love her little soul.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

I guess I forgot to say, We're back online, now, but maybe it was obvious...

11:34 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Dear heart,

Please not to suffer too much.

It's so awful when our little ones are taken away so suddenly and painfully.

Please squeeze all 922 for me. I squeeze mine for me and for you too and send many loving squeezes to Michael and his felines.

2:33 AM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Concerned about you, Lizzy. It's painful when you know the kitteh personally.

Hope you're OK.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Hi, TPC - I'm actually ok, thank you for your concern... My company and I have been keeping busy, mostly eating - at least that's how I'm feeling right now! We've had meals with the grandhuman, meals in Detroit with friends and by ourselves, we've had fresh-made icecream, and tonight we finished off the leftovers from Monday's Cuban cuisine feast. (It is my absolute intention to never eat again.) We also hit 3 bookstores today... I still feel very bad about Tuffy, of course, and now about the little gold-eyed black feral who returned this morning - I'm glad to feed it, of course, but it hurts me to think that - male or female - it very likely has no future, not with FIV just waiting out there... Alas! But I'm going to concentrate on enjoying the company of my friend for right now, and letting go of what I'm not in control of. Love to you and yours!

11:59 PM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

So glad to hear that you're OK. Food is a great comfort (Cuban? Hmm. Interested!). Domino and Simona are both FIV, and they live &mdash well, Simona disappeared sometime ago, probably taken in by someone, she was very pretty &mdash on the hillside. Domino's actually never had any problems, they coexist quite well with all our (and neighbours') free-range beastlies.

Their vet said in his 30+ years of practice he'd never seen that FIV made that much of a difference. Domino's certainly healthier than our gold-plated lot!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home