Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Little Miss No-Name Is "Home"

She came through her surgery really well - I didn't tell yesterday, but she actually was pregrant - and is back at the grandhuman's. I stayed with her for about an hour (grandhuman not home this morning) - she ate, drank water, played with her mousie, and finally spread out on a glass table top (cool?) looking out the window. (That she was pregnant was traumatic for me, but I'd considered the possibility and had my decision already made - I'm just glad I didn't wait a couple more weeks before getting her back in...)

4 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

You did the right thing for her. She's way too young to have a litter, might have injured the kittens, or killed them, or simply not had the wherewithal to properly mother them — which in itself is a death sentence. Also, this is kitten season, and are there enough homes for yet another X kittens? Thank you for being a responsible and loving Hoomin.

I send her my best wishes for a speedy recovery and happy mousie-beating days and nights. And to you and the Grand Hoomin, my endless admiration for all you do on behalf of the voiceless.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

PoLiticalCat - Thank you so much! This comment means a lot to me - I agree with the logic 100%, but there's still some pain, as I'm sure you understand. I just came in from the grandhuman's - little-girl's nose was nice and cold (meaningless, I know) and her incision looked fine... If no magical adoption occurs, she'll come home to 922 on Judy 2nd. Thx again for the support, luv to La Casa!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

I think you did the right thing too. It's hard to make the decision, but for her sake and the possible consequences, I think you were wise.

Hope she will heal quickly and finds a home with you. Are you trying to find someone else to take her, instead of bringing her into the 922 cats and kittenz?

2:05 AM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

I'm hoping Nubie joins Casa de 922. Fingers crossed for her and you all. Big hug for Sandy. I know if I would be reborn as a cat, I'd want to live at 922.

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home