Monday, October 15, 2007

Saturday

When the plan changed and the human had to get ready in a hurry, she left a mess on the bed - nightgown, robe, bathrobe, towels, all in a sort of high mound. And of course when she finally got back home, Petunnia was perched there, serene as any sphinx... And of course one cannot disturb Petunnia in order to hang things up, etc. Later, when the human sat in bed for a while reading, AreToo and Angel joined her and Petunnia, and then Cyrano came in. Although there was still room - in fact Cyrrie's usual spot was wide open - he decided instead to join Petunnia on the mound of robes, etc. It took him quite a while, kneading the robes/towels here, turning in circles, kneading some more over there, and so forth. Petunnia watched all this with disapproval, and a growl or two, but that was all. Eventually Cyrrie was lying down beside Petunnia, not quite touching her but very close. Cyrrie went to sleep. Petunnia stayed awake, ears twitching, clearly puzzled - how had she come to let this little nuisance share her very own pile of stuff?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

You know, Lizzy, I would love to leave a comment at every post - that's my wish and intention. The reality is that often I can't think of a comment that matches the quality of your creative posts to do you justice! I may have to resort to emoticons just to leave a footprint and let you know I smiled or laughed out loud or whatever!

I love your blog and your babies and thank you so much for taking the time out of a busy life to catalog their/your quirky doings.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Hi, Sandy - I know what you mean - I feel the same way when I visit other cat blogs and blogs in general. I'm glad my little fold make the world a slightly more cheerful place, and please believe me when I say the energy flows both ways - it's truly tangible and greatly appreciated!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home