Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Blogging

Thank you, everyone, for the sweet comments and encouragement. Sandy, I was sorry to learn that your mother had been ill, but glad she's doing better now! I did have 2 bad days - very sore throat - slept a lot, but do feel better today. It was wonderful to take a shower, get dressed, and go outside - a dazzlingly beautiful Easter Sunday, once you wrapped your brain around all the snow! I actually went down the street a block and a half and had dinner with my mother and cousin, and when I came home again the guys had their holiday FancyFeast, which pleased them no end. Angel just came into the computer room - I think he's saying Hi to his remote humans!

3 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better, Lizzy! And it sounds like dinner was to everyone's taste. How nice to see the Grandhuman, eh? Did she send the little ones a care package?

Sandy, I must've missed the comment about your mother being ill, in which case, I join with Lizzy in gladness and good wishes for her well being.

Hi, Angel! I've missed your sweet naughty caramel-chocolate machinations, winged boy! Kisses to the family, Lizzy, and many thoughts of well-being and health to you.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Hope you both had good days - whether celebrating Easter or not!

I just had the special good news from my brother Greg that he is engaged (first time - he's turning 60 this year). We are all so happy for him. He has met a lovely woman from Taiwan who has lived in the U.S. since her school days at Baylor University in Texas. They also share a strong religious belief, which is what he's been hoping to find.

It stuns me that here he is just getting married and I would have reached my 40th wedding anniversary this year, if I'd stayed married!

Needless to say, my Mom, who thank goodness is improved, is over the moon. The wedding will be August 23. They're planning a trip to Taiwan in April where her family will be giving them an engagement banquet.

Perhaps there's hope for the rest of us singles who might wish for a partner.

Lizzy, sounds like the cats and kittens have been taking good care of you.

Here's to love, in all its mysterious pairing and forms.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Wow, Sandy, that is SUCH a sweet story! Good for your brother and his fiance, bless them both!!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home