Thursday, October 09, 2008

Bird Blogging

I was so upset this morning - already was going into work on what should have been my day off this week - long story - but when I got out my newly operable side door, there was a little bird on my driveway, who did not fly away when I approached. I wish now I'd thought to take a picture, but at the time I was too upset about the little bird's dilemma. It was olive green mostly, and yellow green on the throat and neck - it seemed fluffy, but whether that was because it was young or because it was stressed or cold I have no idea... It was standing and clearly breathing (stress?) but I was pretty sure it was injured, because it didn't move when I came close. I was utterly flummoxed. I decided to try to move it onto the grass and into the sun at the very least. I went back inside to get some paper towelling, thinking I could gently swaddle and lift it into a better location. No cooperation from babybird, though. Chirp, chirp indignantly and stagger away. Tried twice, with the result that the birdling was resting against the house, in no danger of getting run over. I left praying for its little life or at the very least a quick and easy exit. When I came home tonight I looked everywhere. Now my prayer is that is was just stunned and managed to recover and fly away...

1 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

You are such a good hoomin. Hopefully, the little birdie recovered and flew safely away.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home