Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Like Trying To Catch A Shadow

Banshee the Beautiful had a bad morning, asthma-wise, and so I decided to get ready as quickly as possible, catch her and take her in for a shot before I had to go to work. First I brought the carrier in from the vestibule and ignored it. Then it was get dressed, comb my hair, etc. And then it was ever-so-nonchalantly sidle up to the gacky girl and... grab her! Hah. As if. Everytime I'd get within a few feet, she'd melt away like, like, like something that melts away. If she was under the Morris chair, I'd kneel down in front while she was backing out the back. She'd pause by the piano just long enough to get my hopes up, and then dodge under the dining room table. We went several times abound the loop that is living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway. In the end she slipped down the stairs to the basement and I knew I was defeated. For today.

1 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

But there's always tomorrow! Here's to your defeating her wily ways.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home