Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Bedtime Story

They all walk all over/try to sleep on their human - except for Cloud, actually - who weighs about as much as a dandelion seed, and would be welcome on any body part at any time... No, instead, it's the dense, solid, heavy ones who try to nap out on Mom. Angel is the only one who does it right - he comes aboard and instantly relaxes, bonelessly spreading his weight in a completely painless manner. Petunnia and Lucy both love to sit right on my chest/neck - seriously interfering with breathing, but who cares about that? AreToo isn't too bad, because after he walks (!) on me he usually settles off to one side, using me as his pillow. Buddy paces up and down and never settles, while Cyrrie simply stands, shifting his - not so much weight as density - from one foot to another, leaving bruises. He was at it the other night, and I was trying oh-so-politely to fend him off, but, to his credit (I suppose), he kept coming back. So, sleepy/dreamy/exhausted, I began to plan my next blog post - all about how Cyrrie just doesn't get it, can't get it right, etc. I fended him off again, and continued to contemplate the differences between his approach and Angel's, when Angel showed up instead. I knew it by the way he instantly sprawlled all soft and warm across my knees. But when I reached down to pet him, I felt the special Cyrrie softness instead, and when I peeked near-sightedly, there was the little grey and white guy, showing me he could learn a thing or two, if only to thwart me blogging about him...

4 Comments:

Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

What a wonderful post! I've been hanging around here all day, checking every hour or so to see if you're OK, if you'll be back, whatever. And now I get a bedtime story!

You're so much nicer than I am, Lizzy. When mine try to crush me, I seize their little faces, and speak sternly to them, warning that their future as a pair of gloves or boot linings seems imminent. OK, they don't understand a word I say, and they don't listen, either, but it satisfies ME something wonderful!

Clever Cyrrie, you get TWO kisses tonight! AreToo is just practising his catupuncture, straightening out your chi and catropractically aligning your bones as well. Good AreToo! Lucy, Toonya, we need to talk. Angel gets the usual number of kisses and ear nibbles, and proud Cloud gets a gentle nose-to-tail stroke. For the hoomin, a virtual cuppa tea and a fond hug.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Oh, you make me lol...! How can you be so sweet and so funny when you're suffering from so much?? Bless you!!!

1:11 AM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Your kind thoughts and blessings mean so much to me! And to Gojira also, apparently, as she is standing here, meeping in my face as I try to write. What a horrible child. I shall pull her tail for you. One if by land, two if by sea. Or is it two if by land?

Madu's abscess is giving him a fever. I must call his doctor tomorrow. Poor fellow, I can't heft him down the stairs.

Today's captcha: musner. I can't even think up a question for this one.

2:14 AM  
Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Well, Madu's abscess burst today. Ew. I never was much good at bodily fluids and pain, and the poor little guy has both. Popped in to look for you, might be back later, fondly, tpc

Captcha: cheases. Should've had brgrs after it. My question: What kittehs like on teh brgrs?

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home